Policies and procedures for adoption
At Main Line Animal Rescue, everything we do is designed to unite pets and people to form loving and lasting families. We take extra care and pride in everything we do, and look forward to working together so we can match you with your new pet.
To schedule an appointment, please complete our online application.
BEFORE SUBMITTING, PLEASE READ AND AGREE TO ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW:
- If you are not in our adoption area, please check with Petfinder.com.
- Once an application is submitted, we will proceed with checking your vet references. Please provide a phone number for your vet listed on your application. If you have had a pet before, we are looking for a consistent vet history, indicating that you have had at a minimum annual vet visits for required shots and that all of your pets have been spayed or neutered. We are unable to adopt to families with pets that are not neutered/spayed, unless there is a medical reason that is explained to us by your veterinarian
- If an application is complete and fits within our requirements, you will hear back from us within 72 hours. Please keep in mind that any false, incomplete or withheld information will cause us to void your application.
- During your adoption appointment you will be meeting with a trained adoption counselor who is familiar with the pet(s) that you have applied for. Our visits are by appointment only so please come at your appointed time to be sure the volunteer is available to work with you
- It’s possible that we will not have the right pet for you at this time; please check back as we get new animals daily.
- We sometimes have multiple applications on a particular animal. Applications are not on a first come first serve basis; rather, we strive to find the most suitable and appropriate home for each animal
- If we have a dog that is the right match, we will come to your home and check your fence to make sure it is secure (we do not require fenced yards for cats).
- Please let us know if you would be willing to install a fence if you do not already have one.